How to apply
We are currently recruiting new Lay Observers in the following areas: Yorkshire (Leeds, Sheffield, York), North West England (Liverpool, Manchester, Preston), Newcastle, Sunderland, East Midlands (Leicester, Northampton), East Anglia (Suffolk, Essex), Midlands (Birmingham, Coventry, Stoke-on-Trent), Thames Valley (High Wycombe, Reading), Bristol, and Cardiff.
Please note that the current recruitment campaign ends at midnight on 5 May 2021.
Please complete all three of the following: 1) the Lay Observer Application Form, 2) Political Activity Form, and 3) Diversity Form and email them to LOrecruitment@justice.gsi.gov.uk
- Lay Observer Application Form
- Political Activity Form
- Lay Observer Diversity Form
- Application Form Guidance
- Recruitment Pack
- Lay Observer privacy statement
- Lay Observer privacy statement (Welsh)
- Should you have any concerns regarding your application and wish to make a complaint please read our complaints process here. Applicants should submit a copy of their application form by email. Please note that the Political Activity Form above is mandatory and must accompany your application form when submitted. It is also important for us to receive the Diversity Monitoring Form as this helps us to monitor the level of diversity within this Public Body as required by the Commissioner for Public Appointments.
We also encourage you to view a short video on the purpose, role, and work of the Lay Observers.